After graduating from Olympic Heights Community High School in Boca Raton, Evan attended the University of Florida. During his time at UF, Evan had the opportunity to research, edit and write part of First in Thirst, a book profiling Gatorade and worked as a sports reporter for the Independent Florida Alligator.
While in law school, Evan interned for The Honorable David L. Levy at the Third District Court of Appeal in Miami. He also spent a semester as a legal intern for the Florida (now Miami) Marlins general counsel. With the Marlins, Evan worked on salary arbitration cases and assisted with preparing information for inclusion in Sen. George Mitchell’s steroid report to Major League Baseball.
Prior to founding Evan D. Appell, P.A., Evan was a shareholder at GrayRobinson, P.A. Throughout his career as an attorney, Evan has represented both private and public sector clients, including government agencies. Evan practices in both state and federal court and has handled numerous matters in arbitration. Evan has a broad range of experience representing clients in commercial litigation matters, creditors rights disputes, insurance coverage disputes, healthcare and ERISA benefit claim disputes, shareholder disputes, contract related matters and other civil litigation matters.
Evan has been selected as a Super Lawyers, Rising Star for Litigation for the past four years.
· University of Florida, B.S. (magna cum laude)
o Student Honor Court, Chief Hearing Officer
o Independent Florida Alligator, Sports Writer
o Kappa Tau Alpha Journalism Honor Society
o Dean's List
· University of Miami School of Law, J.D. (cum laude)
o Psychology, Public Policy and Law Journal, Senior Editor
o Academic Achievement Program Writing Center, Dean's Fellow
· U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
· U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
· U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
· Legal Aid Society of Broward County, NEXT Steering Committee, 2011-2015; Chair, 2014
· Junior Achievement of South Florida
o Board of Directors, 2017
· Leadership Fort Lauderdale, Class XVII
· Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2016-2019
Copyright © 2018 edalegal.com - All Rights Reserved.